Carlani Dance Studio - Lesta Erasmus Classical Ballet training, Ballet Repertoire and Contemporary (All ages), our private studio is located in Pretoria East, Gauteng.
Dance is an Art
Dance is foremost and most important to myself - It taught me discipline, pride and respect for other people.
It educated me by making me aware of other art forms such as music and architecture, simply because ballet incorporates both.
Dance has the ability to revitalise and empower children, encouraging them to participate in a way that differs from any other field of learning.
Dance has the potential to release tension that manifests itself as trapped energy in the body.
Children growing up surrounded by violence become neurotic, tense and withdrawn.
When emotion is understood, and with its energies transferred into another channel, this emotion becomes a source of personal power.
Mental science is revealing more clearly the necessity for some form of creative art expressing for a healthy mental life.
Express your Passion
While dance has been seen primarily as a physical activity for recreation and entertainment, its potential for developing the intellect is largely overlooked. One of the most urgent requirements of education in the 21st century is that it prepare and equip children
* for a life and living
* for responding to and coping with change in an increasingly complex society
* for being challenged by and learning from each experience
* for being innovative, experimental, resourceful, self reliant, visionary and generative.
Every Student will achieve self-awareness and develop:
* Creative abilities
* Expressiveness - free movement, fantasy and imagination
* Social skills
* it is a healthy occupation, suited to physical development
* it maps the mind end entrenches everlasting self-discipline
Lesta Erasmus is assisted by Ilani Wessels.
DANCE AT CARLANI STUDIO
Beginners and Tiny Tots
Seeing as they are the youngest and most vulnerable, the day is started with beginners and tiny tots. Various props are used to help in creating an imaginative and stimulating class.
From the very beginning the young student is introduced to the qualities and professionalism of the art of ballet.
A great amount of dedication and patience is invested into each and every beginner, gradually training their bodies to adapt to the rigors of dance.
The studio offers a special ballet class with a Confidence Programme for students as young as 3 and a half to six years.
By the time students are 7-8 years of age, they are promoted to the Grades. The grades are introduced to more strenuous allegro work, where the muscles are trained to memorize – this is a true skill.
Once a dance student has progressed to Major work, they become committed to a much greater exercise regime leaving them with a real sense of achievement and skill development. Majors regularly participate in professional productions.
Teaching Venues of Carlani Dance Studio:
* Private Studio and Exam Venue: Garstfontein Road Extension, Pta. East.
* Primary School Fleur - Lyttelton Manor
* Laerskool Monumentpark
* Laerskool Louis Leipoldt
Your instructors are Lesta Erasmus and Ilani Wessels, both experienced Grade and Major Teachers.
* Both hold Full Membership of the Dance Academy of South Africa (DASA - Classical Ballet).
* Lesta is Chief Dance Adjudicator for National Eisteddfod Academy and Member of the International Dance Council, CID Unesco (Conseil International de la Danse)