At Make it Magical in Cape Town, we help you transport your little ones back to a time before technology existed, just for a little while…Through our Fairy House Building workshops and private parties.
We invite them into a world where fairies and elves exist, where their imagination does all the work, and their hands magically bring their fantasies to life. A word of caution: Moms and dads are enchanted, too!
“Make it Magical” is more than just a name or a workshop: it is an invitation to play.
For us, creating these miniature worlds has been like playtime all over again and we hope to inspire you to explore your creativity by indulging your childhood fantasies of fairies, gnomes, elves and any other magical character that lived in your imagination. All you will need is a little bit of this, a smidgen of that, and a desire to play.
So welcome to a world of whimsy and fairy fun where every now and then, we feature other stuff.
We love upcycling and restoring the dignity of throwaways by giving them a new purpose. We do our best to re-use, reduce, and recycle and all of our fairy cottages are made from items that would usually end up in the trash and all of our foraged products can be substituted by local treasures found in any park or wooded area.
A Make it Magical workshop is an opportunity to express your creativity and give life to your imagination; a nostalgic memory for parents and a wonderful new experience for children.
What to expect at a workshop:
* We provide each participant with a base structure and a variety of embellishments.
* A separate paint station with a wide selection of colours to choose from as well as a variety of gravels and grass for fairy landscaping.
* The hot glue station will try to give life to your imagination.
* The ever-popular Forage table where you will find interesting woodland treasures to add that individual touch.
* Additional accessories to add to your creation will be on sale.
We’ll host a Fairy House Building workshop at a venue of your choice! Perfect for birthday parties, team building or just a fun time with friends.
At your private function, you can expect everything that we offer at a general workshop including a hot glue station, as well as our very popular woodland forage trays.
* Our private parties are suitable for groups of 12 or more.
* Younger children will require the assistance of a parent or older sibling.
Please note: The dynamic at a child’s birthday party is very different to that of our dedicated workshops. Some children are easily distracted by their friends and party treats, and will rush through this process in no time at all. Even though we dedicate 2 hours to a workshop, we can neither speed up nor slow down creativity.
You must provide:
* A sheltered area with adequate space for children to work; sitting or standing
* 2 additional tables for our paint and forage stations
* Access to a power point
* Access to water
Price per participant: R250 (minimum 12)
The Make it Magical range of products are perfect for creating your own unique Fairy Wonderland. Our standard range includes:
Artificial moss and natural moss
* Feature bark
* Log slices
* White picket fence
* Mushroom picks
* Floral bouquets and bird
In addition, we offer do-it-yourself fairy house building kits for hours of playtime at home.
To add charm and authenticity to any fairy dwelling, we also offer a selection of fairy sized clay products. Each unique item is made and finished by hand.
All Make it Magical products are available in the gift shop at Ferndale Nursery.