The Ice Station
Are you racking your brain for something different for your child’s party this Birthday… Well, why not give a party at the The Ice Station Ice Rink! at Grand West Family Entertainment Centre in Goodwood, Cape Town.
Featuring an Olympic-size skating rink, the Ice Station at Grand West Family Entertainment Centre is home to action-packed adventure and affordable family fun.
SKATE AT YOUR LEISURE
Reminiscent of a winter wonderland, The Ice Station offers free-style open-air ice-skating for individuals and groups. If you’re looking for a different but fun way to celebrate a kid’s birthday party, Grand West ice rink offers special rates for groups.
As the only indoor ice-skating rink in the Western Cape, this is where the pros come to practise their jumps, turns, loops and twizzles. For those looking for formal classes, The Ice Station also offers skating classes, ice-hockey tournaments, figure-skating programmes, shows and events. It also has a mini, supervised ice rink for under-fives.
* Two and a half fun filled hours of healthy activity does wonders in burning off that excess energy, giving you a chance to sit and relax while our Party Hostess looks after your guests.
* A specially demarcated area alongside the rink will be decorated with balloons and birthday banners exclusively for your party and your child and guests will be able to sit down there and take a breather in-between skating.
* Our party hostess will take command of your group and help them to fit their hire skates ahead of the general public, and brief them on what to expect out there on the ice.
* An ice-marshal is on duty on the ice throughout the session as well as a first-aider.
* We can also arrange for one of our proficient skaters to lend a hand to your group exclusively on the ice at an additional charge of R110.
* Once they are off skating, the party hostess will liaise with you as to what time you would like the(1) party packs / (2)hot dogs+half party packs / (3) pizzas, depending on your choice at booking, served. We supply all plates, cups, spoons and serviettes
1. Lays chips, Zoom juice, chomp, fizzers, fizz pop, sherbet, marshmallow roll, chox bar & loose chewy sweets
2. With hot dog: Lays chips replaced with niknaks, no marshmallow roll and less loose chewy sweets, – served with a hotdog with tomato sauce on the side (Halaal available on request)
3. Pizza and coldrink: 3 kids share 1 large margarita from Debonairs Pizza GrandWest, and each get a glass of cold drink (Coke, Fanta, Sprite etc) – no sweets
* The birthday child will get a novelty included in their bag,(first 2 options only) making them feel really special.
* A drink will be included in all options, but additional beverages can be arranged with the hostess should this be required at an extra cost.
* The GrandWest Casino Complex does not allow guests to bring in any food or beverages from outside. For this reason we can supply an Ice Cream Birthday cake, which fits in well with the theme of ice skating at a cost of R395.00. This cake serves up to 18 kids and is well worth having. Own picture can be supplied at no extra charge.
* So for a fee of R125 per skater, all you need do is drive them to the Ice Rink. We will do the rest – especially the dreaded cleaning up!
* Included in this amount is our option 1 - 3 on the booking form available on our website, one of which must be marked when sending in the booking.
* The deposit of R60 per skater must be paid within 48 hours of booking into the banking account listed on the booking sheet available on our website, and fax’d or emailed as requested.
* The balance must be paid in CASH to the hostess on the day. ATM machines available in the Casino. No cheques are accepted. (Plse also bring proof of deposit paid with you on the day)
* A minimum of 10 guests are required (or a payment of R1250)
* We can also supply platters for your guests – see booking form available on our website for prices which must be paid for on the day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT PARTIES ARE SET UP IN THE MAIN ARENA ONLY.
Please make sure your whole group arrives together i.e. 15 min before the session starts.
All children to wear shoes in the complex at all times. No Helium Balloons allowed.